Thursday, August 31, 2006

Taipei

Woohooo!! I have now officially moved to Taipei - my birthplace!!!! I live with my aunt and her husband, in the middle of the city. The MRT (Mass Rapid Transit/T-bane, Subway) is right outside here, and the bus to my Uni is on the other side of the street.
My bedrooom has an ok size, it's big enough for me. I can really feel that I was totally spoiled when living in Majorstua - the apartment here is only some square meters bigger than my previous bedroom...

Today was the orientation day at the Uni. I was dropped off an hour earlier... So I just walked around and went to the gymnasium and trackfield. And then I heard balls bouncing.. Knowing that ShiDa has women's bball team, I was very curious. I walked in there, and saw a bunch of girls at bball practice at 8am. Haha... They actually started at 7.30, running 6x400m at the trackfield. Yeah, that's kinda hardcore! Anyways.. I asked if i could play with them, and they said Yeah! So I went back for their afternoon practice (yes, since it's summer vacation, they have time to practice twice a day... heh...). We started to warm up at 1.40 pm... started to practice at 2. They were working on different drills and basic technics. A lot varied things... And some was quite hard!! We finally finished at 4.30pm... I was still standing, so I was very happy about that! I'm still just trying out, so we'll see how it goes. But I am soooo happy atm, I was so worried about not being able to play bball in Taiwan. The girls seem great, they have a good team spirit and they goof around all the time, but is very serious when playing ball. They have funny nicknames for each other as well.. I'm the last person in, so I'm #20. They usually split the team into smaller groups, so it's easier to keep track of ppl. And during some excercises we are placed after our numbers. So I was always last today during excercises, having the whole team watching me... Yeah, made me nervous... But they were great, cheering me on and everything. Let's face it, they are better than me.. Haha. But I learned their excercises rather quickly, so I just need to get used to their way of playing. Oh and the biggest problem is actually talking during the game. i've never talked Chinese when playing ball, so all the terms are new to me. I was ?? all the time. But they're sweet, they'll make a mini basketball dictionary for me.. :)
Right now, I'm walking like a duck. I am not kidding! Quack.

Anyways... This is my life atm. I'm a nerd reading my books, and I play basketball. I'll become so smart and fit this year :p

Let me know how things are where you're at, ok?? Miss you guys... much love!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home