Sunday, September 10, 2006

Away from the polluted city

Weeee!!!
Skipped school on friday to go to 烏 來 (Wu Lai), some tropical mountains about an hour outside of Taipei. I was lucky enough to go there by car and the others rode their motorbikes. 16 girls, off we go! The whole trip was a combo of cardio work-out and bbq by the river after running. So were supposed to run to the riverside. About 4 km. Veeeery excited, I was curious about whether I could last so long. The car drove to the riverside with the food etc, while two of the girls followed us on their scooters to make sure that nobody would get run over by a car or something. I have nooo idea about what I thinking about, but I managed to twist my ankle all of a sudden.. after like only 1 km. But I didn't stop coz it wasn't that bad. One of the girls who ran behind me ran up to me:

Her: Did you twist your ankle??
Mar: Nooo.. It wasn't so serious.
Her: Yeah, you did!!! You twisted your ankle!! Stop running!!
Mar: Nooooo, I can still run, see! (runs like a constipated duck)

She yells for the ass. coach who was riding the scooter...

(still running like a duck)

Ass. coach: What happened?
Mar: I dunno, just stepped on something
Ass. coach: Get on the bike.
Mar: Noooo, I can manage, I'll let you know if gets worse.
Ass. coach: (Frowns) Fine, let me know at once!
Mar: Yes, yes.. (speeds up to catch the rest of the team)

So, the trips continues, with ass. coach riding next to us with music and rooting for us.

Finally we arrived at the bbq place. Everybody stops to stretch out. We always stretch out together. I was fine, hardly felt anyting wrong with my ankle. Until I bent down to stretch my legs. Ouch.... I had to break out of the circle and limped over to ass. coach... I was very disappointed, but had to admit that I'd hurt my ankle. So she taped my foot and started to limp down to the riverside, with team mates carrying my stuff and supporting me. The girls are very sweet - whenever somebody gets hurt, it's like the entire world stops and all focus and worries are pointed at the injured person.

Anyways, the surroundings there were so beautiful. There were falls all over place, splashing lagoon blue water into the river. We crossed over the river, to a really big waterfall to play in the water. So refreshing! I went grocery shopping with some of the girls the day before, at Carrefour (big big store where you can find basically everything needed for a home and leisure time). Anyway we fell in love with a big colourful inflatable dragon. You should've seen it - girls in their 20's playing with a plastic dragon made for kids. Haha..

I will upload some lovely pics asap! We spent the day by the riverside, eating like crazy (of course, we're Chinese) and just playing around. I sat by the water to cool my ankle, and the girls would bring me food and drinks - a really great feeling to be included you know...

We packed our things in the afternoon and the others had to run the same way back. I had to sit in the car... *Sigh* Next destination was the hot springs. Taiwan has lots of natural hot springs, it's supposedly very healthy to soak in that water. The water was 70-80 Celsius hot in one of the tubs!! I wasn't allowed in the hot water coz of my foot.. So I just on the side, with one of my legs in the water. To cool down, we could swim in the huge cold river next to us. So again, I sat next to the rest of the girls, with my swollen foot in the icy water. We were just joking around, having fun. One of the girls climbed up next to me, but slipped and fell on my foot... The injured one. I had no time to react so I kinda cried out scaring the lights of the team. I wasn't able to walk anymore.. Hah... My team mate felt so bad and was really out of it, but hey, not her fault... So yeah, stupid ankle got worse.

On our way home, it started to rain like crazy. So the girls had to be really really careful when riding down the mountain. Two of the girls had brought their puppy along on the trip and held her in their arms while riding the bike. But poor puppy got wet, so I got to cuddle with her in the car. Aww.. Cutest thing ever. So tiny. I was drying her off and then she fell asleep in my arms. We stopped at KFC to grab some dinner. At that time, my foot was so swollen that you couldn't see the ankle. The girls were making doctor plans for me. But since I haven't applied for the Social Healthcare card yet, they were talking about me using one of the girls' card. They do plan everything for me, since I'm not familiar with the system. Haha.. Fraud, Fraud! It's so much cheaper if I use the card. I'll go to a Chinadoctor for the first time tomorrow. With the rest of the injured girls. Stupid foot lah....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home